Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chart Specifics: Work and Career

One of the second most viewed items during an astrological reading is work, money, and the careers an individual may be good at. To see these, we look to the houses associated with the Earth signs (2nd house of money and possessions; 6th house of work and daily habits; and 10th house of professional life and career.) There are a few key rules that you must remember.
  • the 2nd house indicates the areas that we can make the most money;
  • the 6th house indicates the areas where we feel secure and comfortable;
  • the 10th house indicates the areas where we can be successful; where we can rise to the top.
We know that career choices can change and career choices can be difficult. Astrology can help us to identify the areas that come easy to us, and the areas that can be challenging.

We look to the planets in these houses to tell us what careers are best for each category. If the house has no planets, look at the house ruler.

A person once told me, "You would be very successful in the military." It is funny he told me that, because I have Mars in the 10th house. Mars rules the police, dentistry, sports, and the military (to name a few.) Of course, with Mars squaring both Mercury and Jupiter, the military as a career conflicts with my beliefs and philosophies. So, even if I would be successful, I would not be happy there.

I have Uranus and Neptune in the 2nd house, this could indicate that astrology (Uranus) or a psychic or a spiritual healer (Neptune) could be alternative sources of income. Astrology is definitely something I am interesting in learning (Uranus ruling the 3rd house, and, this blog.)


I am interested in hearing the reader's techniques for determining ideal careers via natal charts. This method has worked for me, but there are some better, more developed techniques out there. Leave them in the comment section and tell me what you guys think about my technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment