Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tarot and How Planets Express Themselves

I was on the Astrology Weekly forum and came across a technique to convert planet locations into Major Arcana cards in Tarot. I have my own deck, I bought some books, and I have been practicing readings on my aunty and various people.


When I discovered this technique, I started to convert the planet degrees and minutes to their corresponding Major Arcana cards. It really does help me understand the planets in my natal chart. The technique involves converting a planets degree to the 360 degree format, adding each digit separately, then reducing (if necessary) the number until it is 1-22. 1 being the Magician, 22 is The Fool.

If I were to see the corresponding Major Arcana card for my Sun's position (1 13 Cancer,)

1 Cancer = 91 (converted to 360 degree format)
9 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 14, the correysponding Major Arcana card for my Sun is Temperance. Temperance is "bringing together opposite qualities, cooperation, compatibility, and doing spiritual healing work." (some keywords for Temperance, not all the meanings of the card)

If I were to convert my Moon to its Major Arcana card,
7 49 Taurus
7 Taurus = 37
3 + 7 + 4 + 9 = 24; 2 + 4 = 6
The corresponding card would be The Lovers. Some keywords are "The union of what is divine in us and the universe, recognition of duality, and the coming together of opposites." This card describes how my Moon (inner emotion nature, subconscious tendencies) express themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment