|My natal chart|
The first step I usually take in a chart interpretation is the Sun, Moon, and Ascendant. These highlight the basic personality and how the native interacts with the world.
- Sun in Cancer: I am emotional, homeloving, and want inner and outer security and emotional confort.
- Moon in Taurus: I feel most emotionally secure when I am stable. Change bothers me. I can be stubborn at times.
- Ascendant in Sagittarius: I project myself in a jovial, open-minded, optimistic manner
- I am an emotionally stable person that is stubborn, and resists change. On the outside, I project myself in a cool, calm [Cancer] and fun-loving, adventurous [Sagittarius] manner. Others find me very warm-hearted [Cancer and Sagittarius] and hard to connect with on an emotional level [Moon quincunx Jupiter, more on this later]
- I can think, learn, and reason by communicating with and learning from others in my close personal relationships. [Mercury in Gemini in the 7th]
- My communication style takes on a more personal, warmer level. I am often charming and witty and this will get me far in my relationships. I can sometimes be overcritical, speak harshly, and over-exaggerate. [Mercury conjunct Venus, square Mars, opposition Jupiter]
- Venus has a tight square to Mars, Jupiter has a square to Mars, and Venus opposes Jupiter. There is a t-square there. All that tense energy gets focused on Mars, the apex or focal planet. To handle those square, I must use my energy in a way that Mars placement likes.
- To activate that Mars energy, I must do something creative [ruler of 5th house], physical [Mars], and precise. [Virgo] It must be done publicly [10th house]